Skip to main content


Campus Beverages

Coca-Cola is contracted as the exclusive beverage provider to all BYU Campus units in the Provo area. Thus, Coca-Cola products should be served when university funds are used to purchase beverages. Please note that serving or distributing donated non-Coca-Cola product is prohibited. Private, personal consumption of non-Coca-Cola products are exempt from the university contract.

The BYU Catering and Food Distribution Policy states that, “BYU Dining Services is the preferred provider of food and beverages for the BYU campus community.” All food at public and private events must be purchased from BYU Dining Services or from an approved off-campus caterer. The policy further states that “University units must follow the requirements of the negotiated university beverage contract at all events, including at limited events.”

Coca-Cola beverages purchased through BYU Dining Services ensures that BYU receives proper credit for the purchase. Coca-Cola beverages are sold through BYU Catering, BYU Food to Go, and all Creamery store locations. Special department water pricing is available and further details can be found on the Dining Services website.

Campus Beverage Contract FAQ’s

  1. What specifically does the BYU/Coca-Cola/Swire contract (Contract) require?
    There are two basic requirements of the Contract. First, all beverages at campus functions must be Coca-Cola products. Second, these products must be supplied to campus by Swire Coca-Cola‘s distribution center.
  2. How do I know if I’m buying through Swire Coca-Cola and meeting the requirements of the Contract?
    By using one of BYU Dining Services distribution channels. These include BYU Food To Go, BYU Catering, The Creamery on 9th East (CONE) and BYU Central Food Stores.
  3. Am I allowed to bring my own non-coke beverages onto campus for personal consumption?
    Yes. Beverages purchased with personal funds for personal consumption are not governed by the Contract.
  4. What qualifies as a campus function?
    For beverage purposes, this is any event where beverages are served and consumed. This includes public, private, and exempt events, regardless of size, and includes department and team meetings. Department pot-luck events are exempt from the beverage policy/contract requirements as long as no University funds are used for the event.
  5. How much stock does Dining keep on hand?
    Food To Go keeps roughly 50 cans of each flavor on hand. Larger quantities can be filled through the standard order procedure. Swire Coca-Cola delivers to designated Dining Service delivery points twice per week.
  6. How much lead time is needed for an order?
    This depends on the size of the order. The preferred BYU Food to Go lead time is three business days. Orders that meet this time frame can be placed on the Food To-Go Order Page. If your event is in less than three business days away, Dining can often still help. Please call 801-422-5001 to inquire about filling more urgent orders.
  7. Why are we unable to get Coke Zero?
    Dining actually stocks Coke Zero. It is available in both bottles and cans. Dining carries the most common Coca-Cola products and with notice they can order other flavors, as long as those flavors are available through Swire Coca-Cola.
  8. Can we get Dr Pepper?
    Swire Coca-Cola does not have Dr. Pepper distribution rights for cans/bottles in Utah County.  The freestyle machines on campus located in the Cougareat, Cougar Express, CONE, Harvey’s, and Legends Grille all serve Dr Pepper, but those specific machines are governed by a separate distribution rights agreement.
  9. Are we able to accept donated beverages if they are not Coke products? Donated beverages are not allowed if they are not Coca-Cola products, with one exception. The contract contains an exception for Brick Oven Root Beer, regardless of whether it is donated or purchased.
  10. Where is the best place to purchase Dasani water?
    Dasani water can be purchased from Central Food Stores in packs of 24 for $5.73/pack. More information is available on the Dining website. Water is stocked by the pallet and most orders (even large ones) can be filled with minimal notice. Dasani water is also available through the other options already mentioned.
  11. Can I purchase these types of beverages at Costco, Wal-Mart, or some other reseller and still meet the requirements of the contract?
    While Coca-Cola products are available from these resellers, there is no way to ensure they are from Swire Coca-Cola. This means that purchasing from these resellers only meets half of the contract requirements. In addition, beverages purchased from resellers do not get credited to BYU against the contract, even if the reseller acquired the beverages from Swire. For BYU to meet the contract requirements and receive credit for doing so, beverages should be purchased through BYU Dining Services.
  12. Are we required to purchase Coke products when eating at restaurants and paying with BYU funds?
    No. Meals at Off-Campus restaurants are not governed by the BYU Catering policy or the Contract.
  13. Are the five-gallon water coolers permitted under the Coca-Cola contract?
    Yes. The University may provide water in the form of standing water coolers with five-gallon jugs in those areas of Campus where drinking fountains are not available. Departments may not charge users for the water and should request the water come in unbranded five-gallon jugs.

Off-Campus Catering List

Departments may use approved off-campus caterers from the lists below. Vendors not on this list (at the time of service) are not approved. Departments using caterers not on the approved list will be placed on the Compliance Report and assessed a $100 fee. All vendors on the BYU-Approved Catering List have gone through the qualification process and are approved to provide services on the BYU Campus.

To assist with the selection process, the list has been organized into 3 different pages. The first page is a list of 'Preferred Caterers' while page 2 are 'Approved Vendors'. The criteria for these classifications are based on spending amount and campus usage.

Approved off-campus caterers may not provide beverages to the university in violation of the negotiated BYU Beverage Contract with Coca Cola (For any questions regarding the Beverage Contract please contact the Off-Campus Catering Committee).

The use of University funds are intended for the benefit of the University and are to be used for business purposes only. No personal or department benefits are permitted when paying for meals with University funds. This would include but are not limited to, the use of restaurant points, punch cards or reward points of any kind.

If you would like to use a vendor not listed below, please refer to the Guide and Application links below. Please allow 7 business days for Purchasing to review and validate all new vendor documentation.

Guide for using Approved BYU Caterers
Application to Become an Approved BYU Caterer

List of BYU PREFERRED Caterers:

BYU Catering

Contact: Ivona Mills
Phone: 801-422-9977

BYU Food To Go

Contact: Tim Ipson
Phone: 801-422-5001

BYU Subway

Contact: WSC Cougareat Office
Phone: 801-422-4134

BYU Papa John's

Contact: WSC Cougareat Office
Phone: 801-422-4134

BYU Chick-fil-A

Contact: WSC Cougareat Office
Phone: 801-422-4134

BYU Choices

Contact: WSC Cougareat Office
Phone: 801-422-4134

BYU Aloha Plate

Contact: WSC Cougareat Office
Phone: 801-422-4134

BYU Taco Bell

Contact: WSC Cougareat Office
Phone: 801-422-4134

BYU Wendy's

Contact: WSC Cougareat Office
Phone: 801-422-4134

BYU Jamba Juice

Contact: WSC Cougareat Office
Phone: 801-422-4134

BYU Milk & Cookies

Contact: WSC Cougareat Office
Phone: 801-422-4134

BYU Cougar Cafe

Contact: WSC Cougareat Office
Phone: 801-422-4134


List of BYU APPROVED Caterers:

Apple Spice Junction

Contact: Craig Reaveley
Phone: 801-224-4666
Approval Expiration: 10/1/2024

Auberginie Kitchen

Contact: Elcio Zanatta
Phone: 954-383-6478
Approval Expiration: 08/15/2024

Bombay House

Contact: AJ
Phone: 801-369-1920
Approval Expiration:10/01/2024

Brown Brothers Catering

Contact:Tony Brown
Phone: 801-607-1891
Approval Expiration: 03/18/2025

Burger's Supreme

Contact:Lewis Nuttall
Phone: 801-380-2485
Approval Expiration: 06/05/2024

Cafe Rio

Contact: Pascal Jacob
Phone: 801-633-7582
Approval Expiration: 10/1/2024

Cafe Zupa's Provo

Contact: Catering
Phone: 801-377-7687
Phone: Kevin 801-830-8941
Approval Expiration: 02/03/2025

Costa Vida - Provo Location

Phone: 801-373-1876
Approval Expiration: 10/1/2024

Clarion Event Center

Contact: Rebecca Carter
Phone: 801-465-0380
Approval Expiration: 10/13/2024


Contact: Catering
Phone: 801-916-8968
Approval Expiration: 10/01/2024

Great Harvest

Contact: John Christensen
Phone: 801-558-2073
Approval Expiration: 6/24/2024

GreenHollow Catering

Contact: Brady Greenhalgh
Phone: 801-427-1350
Approval Expiration: 4/29/2024


Contact: Seth Lash
Phone: 208-936-0232
Approval Expiration: 03/01/2025

Karie Annes

Contact: Nicole Osborne
Phone: 435-760-6459
Approval Expiration: 05/15/2025

Kona Ice

Contact: Annya Becerra
Phone: 801-228-0058
Approval Expiration: 01/24/2025


Contact: Eric Allen
Phone: 801-830-8353
Approval Expiration: 08/23/2024

Landmark Catering

Contact: Elaine Porter
Phone: 801-368-7296
Approval Expiration: 10/09/2024

Magleby's Fresh

Contact: Chris White/Catering
Phone: 801-852-8620
Approval Expiration: 01/05/2025

Marvellous Catering

Contact: Jed Marvell
Phone: 801-374-0879
Approval Expiration 01/01/2025

Paleta Bar

Contact: William Ng
Phone: 801-836-9257
Approval Expiration: 09/01/2024

Ruby River

Contact: Jason Hargett
Phone: 801-371-0648
Approval Expiration 12/18/2024

San Diablo Artisan Churro

Contact: Krystal Dong
Phone: 801-432-0880
Approval Expiration: 10/01/2024

Tadka Cuisine of India - Food Truck

Contact: Sandeep Kumar
Phone: 801-691-9426
Approval Expiration: 02/13/2025


Contact: Kelly Byars
Phone: 801-224-4774
Approval Expiration: 09/17/2024

Waffle Love

Contact: Catering Manager
Phone: 801-923-3588
Approval Expiration: 04/01/2025

Wallaby's Smokehouse

Contact: Jeff McFadden
Phone: 801-785-4447
Approval Expiration: 12/03/2024

Zao Asian Cafe

Contact: Catering
Phone: 801-224-0030
Approval Expiration: 03/29/2024

Contact Us:

  • Off-Campus Catering Manager
  • Ginger Cutler
  • 801-422-3727