Non-allowable Travel Expenses
Non-Allowable Travel Expenses
Some expenses are the personal responsibility of the employee and are not reimbursable. The following list is not all-inclusive, but show examples of such non-reimbursable expenses.
- Personal and family expenses
- Gifts and souvenirs
- Valet and room service charges
- Personal medical and dental expenses
- Personal reading material, recreation, and entertainment
- Travel insurance in excess of that already provided
- Costs incurred by traveler's failure to cancel transportation or hotel reservations
- Commuting between home and work
- Haircuts, newspapers, babysitting, shoe shines
- Parking and traffic citations
- Reimbursement or payment for frequent flyer benefits and reduced or free flight coupons issued by the airlines.
Last updated: March 26, 2020